Louisiana Style Hot Sauce Recipe
You'll get a bit of sweet with a blast of heat from this mixture of peaches and habanero peppers, not to mention the awesomeness of the jalapeno peppers, all Louisiana style. This hot sauce can double as a thicker sauce as well. Mix it into tomato sauces for a phenomenal spicy pasta sauce.
- 4 habanero peppers, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 8 ounce can sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add peaches to a food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Add habaneros, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt, paprika, cumin, and ginger. Process until smooth.
- At this point, you can strain through a food mill if you want a silkier style sauce. Or, simply pour directly into a bowl or jar and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to mingle.
Share this Hot Sauce Recipe:
Jalapeno Poppers and Other Stuffed Chili Peppers
Jalapeno Madness: Jalapeno Recipes Galore
250+ Jalapeno Pepper Recipes for Every Occasion!