Killer Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce Recipe
This recipe is similar to some of the mass market hot sauces you'll find in stores or carried at typical restaurants. Why not make it at home? For extra heat, try upgrading from the Scotch Bonnet to the lovely habanero pepper.
- 10 Scotch Bonnet chili peppers, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 while onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Juice from 4 limes
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat. Add onions and carrots and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another 3 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to a food processor. To the food processor, add remaining ingredients (Scotch Bonnet chili peppers, lime juice, water, vinegar, tomatoes and salt to taste). Process until smooth.
- Transfer blended mixture back to the sauté pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool and serve!
NOTE: Sauce will become more pungent after a few days.
Share your Hot Sauce Love:
Jalapeno Poppers and Other Stuffed Chili Peppers
Jalapeno Madness: Jalapeno Recipes Galore
250+ Jalapeno Pepper Recipes for Every Occasion!