Happenin' Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
This hot sauce can be quite mild if you choose to use a mild pepper like the green bell pepper, but we're hoping you'll opt for the spicier jalapeno pepper this time around.
- 10 habanero peppers, minced (seeds retained)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process on high until smooth.
- Add resulting sauce to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
Simmer 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to a cleaned jar. Cover and refrigerate.
NOTE: Sauce will become more pungent after a few days.
Share your Hot Sauce Love:
Jalapeno Poppers and Other Stuffed Chili Peppers
Jalapeno Madness: Jalapeno Recipes Galore
250+ Jalapeno Pepper Recipes for Every Occasion!