Chunky Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipe
A delicious variation on our Basic Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipe, but this time with a more profound focus on the jalapeño pepper, which is as it should be. We've included some onion as well because sweet onions truly compliment the jalapeño hot sauce combination. Also, be sure to very finely dice the jalapeño peppers. Possibly even shred them. It will help the peppers stick to the wings.
- 3 jalapeño peppers, extra finely diced
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Plenty of cooked chicken wings
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat. Add olive oil with onion and cook about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onion to a food processor and finely shred. Add to a mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add jalapeño pepper, hot sauce, melted butter, garlic and white wine vinegar. Mix well.
- Transfer to a large plastic bag.
- Add cooked chicken wings and toss to coat.
NOTE: You can also use this jalapeño wing sauce to coat raw chicken breasts or strips, and then grill as needed. Brush the chicken often during grilling, and reserve enough (slightly heated) to top the grilled chicken before serving.
Share your Hot Sauce Love:
Jalapeno Poppers and Other Stuffed Chili Peppers
Jalapeno Madness: Jalapeno Recipes Galore
250+ Jalapeno Pepper Recipes for Every Occasion!